At Laptops.co.uk, which is part of Sitefinders Net Limited, we are committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful, safe, online experience that you can get anywhere.
Privacy Codes of Conduct
Because your privacy is important to us, Sitefinders Net Limited sites will operate by the following 6 Code of Conducts.
Code of conduct 1
Sitefinders Net Limited sites will ask when they need information that personally identifies you or allows them to contact you (“Personal Information”). Generally this information is requested when registering for a site, when requesting a particular service, or when entering a competition. When possible, Sitefinders Net Limited’s sites will provide you with the means to make sure that your Personal Information is correct and current.
Code of conduct 2
Sitefinders Net Limited sites and their necessary service partners use your Personal Information to operate the sites and services and to inform you of new features, services, and products from Sitefinders Net Limited and its affiliates. Some Sitefinders Net Limited sites may also carefully select other companies to send you information about their products or services which are related to the site’s service but are not necessary to its operation (a “Secondary Use”).
Code of conduct 3
If a Sitefinders Net Limited site intends to use Personal Information for a Secondary Use, the Sitefinders Net Limited site will provide you with instructions on how to decline this service. You may also stop the delivery of informational or promotional mail from Sitefinders Net Limited sites by following the instructions on the mail.
Code of conduct 4
Sitefinders Net Limited sites that are primarily directed at children will not use Personal Information for a Secondary Use without obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian. When possible, these Sitefinders Net Limited sites will provide e-mail notice to parents that children have provided Personal Information to the site.
Code of conduct 5
If at any time you believe that a Sitefinders Net Limited site has not adhered to these Code of Conducts, please notify Sitefinders Net Limited Online by e-mail at Privacy@Sitefinders.co.uk and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.
1.2 You may delete and block all cookies from our Website by changing your browser settings to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Making this change may affect the functionality of our Website and you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
2. Our cookies
2.1 Strictly necessary cookies:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. These include cookies such as __support_check which is used by the Website to store cached images and it expires at the end of each session.
2.2 Tracking cookies and pixels:
Tracking cookies are used to provide information on the pages that are viewed. This information is anonymous, not shared with anyone else and used on our Website. Tracking cookies set by our Website will be predominantly for Google Analytics and Hitslink.
Tracking pixels may also be set in emails and banner display advertising to monitor the number of times that an email or banner has been seen. They are not used for any other purpose.
Cookies may occasionally be used to display some users specific surveys or different versions of a page. We then use analytics to identify which version of a page provides a better user experience.
Cookies may also be set to see how well certain banners ads are received. This helps to identify how many times an advertisement has been seen, clicked on or downloaded.
Common cookies you may encounter on our Website are __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmv which are for Google Analytics, or reg_fb_gate and reg_fb_ref which are Facebook cookies. Cookies beginning with hellobar_ are used to show you relevant offers on pages that you are visiting and the cookie expires in 1 year.
1. Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at those who access this web site from the United Kingdom mainland. Sitefinders Net Limited makes no representation that any product referred to in the materials on this web site are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
2. The Sitefinders Net Limited, (“Sitefinders Net Limited”) has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this web site. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Sitefinders Net Limited disclaims all warranties; express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this web site.
3. Sitefinders Net Limited shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this web site.
4. Certain (hypertext) links in this site will lead to web sites, which are not under the control of Sitefinders Net Limited. When you activate any of these you will leave the Sitefinders Net Limited web site and Sitefinders Net Limited has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability for the material on any web site which is not under the control of Sitefinders Net Limited.
5. These exclusions of liability shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Sitefinders Net Limited or any of its employees or agents.
6. These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
7. Any framing of this site is prohibited. All links to this site must go to www.Sitefinders.co.uk Please do not link directly to any other pages on this site. SITEFINDERS NET LIMITED cannot accept any responsibility or liability for access to, or the material on, any site which is linked from or to this site.
8. All brand names, product and service names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Sitefinders Net Limited for their use by any person other than such holders and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
9. All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on this website are the copyright of Sitefinders Net Limited or its content providers. Permission is granted to users to electronically copy or print portions of this site for their own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on this site without Sitefinders Net Limited’ prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
10. We never sell your data to third party companies (unless you consent to that in the form you are filling in). You can always opt out of newsletters at any time, by clicking [Unsubscribe] on any of the emails you receive from us.
11. Closing dates for competitions may be extended at the discretion of Laptops.co.uk.
12. If you win a competition, we will notify you by email and on the Laptops Forum. The decision is final.