MacBook Air dominates thin laptop market

The MacBook Air is dominating the thin-and-light laptop market, according to new figures released by the NPD Group.
Some 56 per cent of the US market share for less-weighty devices is taken by the Apple product, while the remaining 44 per cent was captured by ultrabooks made by a variety of manufacturers in the first five months of 2013.
However, Microsoft believes the rise of hybrid tablets – which combine the keyboard and processing power of a laptop with a detachable touchscreen – will put it in a stronger position, according to CNET.
Despite its dominance of the thin-and-light market, Apple has struggled in the months since chief executive Steve Jobs passed away, following a lengthy battle with cancer.
On September 21st 2012 share prices stood at $7 (£4.60) but this has since dropped dramatically to its current level – $3.97 as of 10:24 BST on July 1st.
However, the company believes increasing sales of iPad and iPad Minis will bring the firm back to the heights it experienced in late 2012.

Latest review

Monthly Newsletter

Why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter?

X